Tulsa Truck Accident lawyers
Truck Accident Cases in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Trucking accidents cause serious and even fatal injuries. If you’ve been injured in a truck or tractor-trailer accident, Aizenman Law Group is here to help you find who is responsible for your injuries and fight on your behalf. You’ll need an experienced attorney to file a claim against the trucking company and insurance carriers in order to recover compensation for your losses. Contact us today to speak with a Tulsa truck accident attorney for a no-cost consultation.
On This Page
- Who Is At Fault?
- Types of Truck Accident Lawsuits
- What Compensation Can I Receive?
- What To Do After An Accident
Let Us Fight for Your Full & Fair Compensation
Why Choose Aizenman Law Group as Your Tulsa Truck Accident Attorney
With many law firms promising exceptional service, you may wonder what makes Aizenman Law Group stand out as Tulsa’s choice for top-tier personal injury representation. Our lawyers have developed a reputation for skillfully handling car accidents, truck accidents, wrongfully denied insurance claims, and many other personal injury areas. No matter how your accident happened, we’re proud to offer you:
- Extensive Experience: With more than a decade of practice, we have deep knowledge and experience in handling truck accident cases. Our attorneys are well-versed in the complex laws and regulations that govern the trucking industry, providing a significant advantage when seeking justice for our clients.
- Client-Centric Approach: At Aizenman Law Group, we genuinely care about our clients and their well-being. We understand that you are not just another case, but an individual facing a challenging situation. Our lawyers will walk you through each step of the legal process, always prioritizing your best interests.
- No Fees Unless We Win: We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing upfront. We only collect fees if we successfully win your case. This reduces the financial risk for you, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
- Track Record of Success: Over the years, we’ve recovered millions of dollars for our clients, demonstrating our ability to achieve substantial results. Every case is different, but our proven track record speaks to our commitment and capabilities.
- Comprehensive Investigation: Truck accidents often involve multiple parties and complex factors. Our firm has the resources to conduct thorough investigations, gather evidence, and build a robust case to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Local Representation: As a Tulsa-based firm, we know the community, the local courts, and the unique aspects of Oklahoma’s legal landscape. We are committed to serving our neighbors and fighting for the rights of local residents.
Choose Aizenman Law Group as your truck accident attorney in Tulsa. Our law firm is committed to fighting for you, ensuring you receive the highest level of service possible. Reach out to us today for a free consultation.
Who Is At Fault in a Trucking Accident?
Commercial drivers are held to a much higher standard of driving proficiency. If you are injured because a professional driver did not do what they were supposed to, you are entitled to compensation for the damage they caused. In the legal realm, this concept is referred to as negligence.
What is Considered Negligence in Large Truck Accidents?
Negligence occurs when a person or entity fails to act with the level of care that a reasonably prudent person would have exercised under similar circumstances, resulting in injury or harm to another person. In the context of truck accidents, various parties can be found negligent and, thus, at fault for the accident. These may include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The truck manufacturer
- Third-party maintenance providers
In Oklahoma, the doctrine of “comparative negligence” applies when filing a truck accident lawsuit. According to this principle, an injured party can still recover damages even if they are partially at fault for the accident, as long as their share of fault does not exceed 50%. If it does, they are barred from recovery. If their fault is less than 50%, their damages will be reduced by their percentage of fault. Additionally, many truck accidents often involve violations of federal regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). These regulations govern hours of service, maintenance, inspection, and other aspects of commercial truck operation. Any violation of these can be used to establish negligence in the event of a truck accident.
Types of Truck Accident Lawsuits
Depending on the specifics of your case, there are several types of truck accident lawsuits that can be filed. Some of these include:
- Personal injury claims due to truck driver negligence
- Wrongful death claims
- Product liability claims due to truck defects
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents in Tulsa
Based on data provided by the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office (OHSO), it is clear that certain factors frequently contribute to truck accidents in the state. Commercial trucks contributed to over 5500 crashes in 2021 alone. Among those incidents, several leading factors were identified as patterns in truck driver negligence.
- Unsafe driving maneuvers and lane changes: This leading cause of tractor-trailer accidents includes a variety of unsafe behaviors, including improper signaling or failure to signal, unsafe lane-changing, improper backing, and failure to properly secure cargo.
- Unsafe speed: Many truck accidents occur due to speeding. This may be due to truck drivers rushing to meet tight delivery schedules imposed by trucking companies, driving too fast for the current weather or road conditions, or simply reckless driving.
- Inattention: Another major factor in accidents with commercial vehicles is inattention or distracted driving. This includes any activity that diverts the driver’s attention from the task of driving, such as texting, using a navigation system, eating, or talking to passengers.
- Failure to yield: Failure to yield is a common cause of accidents involving large trucks, occurring when trucks do not yield the right of way at intersections or when merging onto highways.
- Following too closely: Truck drivers who follow other vehicles too closely may not have sufficient time or distance to stop, leading to rear-end collisions. The large size and weight of trucks can amplify the damage in such accidents.
- Impaired driving: Although it’s less common, impaired driving due to alcohol or drugs also contributes to truck accidents in Oklahoma. Despite strict regulations and severe penalties, some truck drivers still take risks that endanger others on the road.
OSHO’s report also shows that truck accidents most commonly occur during daylight hours and on weekdays, indicating a correlation between high traffic volumes and work-related transportation. Understanding these common causes of truck accidents can be essential when building a legal case. A skilled Tulsa truck accident lawyer from our firm will be able to help identify negligent elements within the accident that harmed you and use all available evidence to put forth a compelling argument for your compensation.
What Compensation Can I Receive After a Truck Accident?
If you or your loved ones were injured in a truck accident, the compensation for damages and injuries is separated into two categories: economic and non-economic. In some cases, there may also be punitive damages. Truck accident victims frequently suffer serious injuries that prevent them from returning to work. The medical bills that pile up during this time can tempt you to settle for the first settlement offer. However, it’s important to consult a personal injury attorney right away to ensure you are fully compensated for the damage and suffering you’ve endured.
A truck accident lawyer can help you seek compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Diminished earning capacity
- Temporary or permanent loss of wages
- Pain and suffering as a result of injuries sustained in the accident
- Loss of a loved one as a result of a wrongful death
Time is of the essence, so contact Aizenman Law Group as soon as possible. There’s a limited time you can file a claim after an accident. Our Tulsa truck accident attorneys will review your case at no cost and are ready to fight on your behalf for the maximum compensation you deserve.
What Do You Do If You Get Hit by an 18-Wheeler?
If you or someone you love was involved in a semi-truck accident, you likely have many questions about what comes next.
Seek Medical Attention
First and foremost, it is absolutely critical that you get medical attention for your injuries. Chances are, if you are reading this, some time has passed since the accident. If you have not yet seen a doctor, do so immediately. Even seemingly minor injuries could develop into worse problems or be more serious than you initially realize; it’s always important to seek proper medical care after any serious motor vehicle collision, including a truck accident case.
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney
The next step is to reach out to an experienced attorney. In your search for information on what to do after an 18-wheeler accident, you might find advice telling you to document the scene of the accident, obtain witness statements, and gather medical records detailing your injuries.
The Role of a Tulsa Truck Accident Attorney
You may be wondering, how can you do this if you were injured and needed emergency medical care? How do you begin gathering medical records when your treatment is ongoing? What if you have been contacted by the 18-wheeler’s employer or their insurance company? Any good truck accident lawyer will assure you that taking care of your health is the most important thing after a serious accident. Our legal team will help you navigate this process the right way, handling all the details of what comes next while you focus on healing. We’ll ensure that the negligent truck driver or other responsible party is held liable for the damage and injury they’ve caused.
How Our Team Can Help
We understand the nuance involved in handling commercial truck accidents and the fact that these events can be life-changing for injured victims and their families. At Aizenman Law Group, our team is armed with the necessary tools to investigate your motor vehicle accident thoroughly, put together the information into a strong claim for compensation, and negotiate until a satisfactory settlement can be reached. Our truck accident lawyers are prepared to:
- Gather evidence from the scene of the accident (if possible)
- Talk to any witnesses that may have seen what happened
- Take photos of your vehicle and the 18-wheeler
- Obtain your medical records
- Work with the trucking company and their insurance adjusters on your behalf
- Gather other critical evidence, such as the truck’s dashboard camera footage, black box records, the driver’s cell phone records, and more.
We strongly recommend that you do not attempt to work with the insurance company on your own. Reach out to a personal injury lawyer. These adjusters will often do everything they can to dispute or deny truck accident claims; you could unwittingly make a mistake that ultimately ends up costing you part or all of your rightful recovery. Instead, contact Aizenman Law Group and speak to one of our truck accident attorneys in Tulsa about your legal rights and options. We do not charge any attorneys’ fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf, and your initial consultation is entirely free and confidential.
Hear it from Our Satisfied Clients!
5 / 5 stars
Great experience. Helped me all the way through and answered every question I had. Great team and very successful ending. If you are needing help, these are the attorneys to use.
Aizenman Law Firm- Tulsa Office
5800 E. Skelly Drive, Suite 575
Tulsa, OK 74135
Phone Number: 819-426-4878