Tulsa Slip and Fall Lawyers
Slip and Fall Accidents Can Happen Anywhere
Accidents happen, but sometimes they happen because someone failed to act responsibly. A slip and fall may happen when a property owner is negligent about keeping their premises safe. These accidents can cause life-changing injuries that lead to a loss of income and growing medical bills. A slippery floor, obstructions in a walkway, broken or uneven steps, holes, and faulty railing can lead to a slip and fall. This is no fault of yours, and the measures you take after an accident of this kind should be addressed with the help of a slip & fall attorney right away. The Tulsa slip and fall injury lawyers at Aizenman Law Group know how to help. Helping Clients Obtain Compensation following a Serious Injury
Why Trust Aizenman Law Group After a Slip and Fall Accident
- Diligent investigators: Our team conducts meticulous investigations into the circumstances leading to your slip and fall accident. We gather the necessary evidence, consult with safety and medical experts, and focus on understanding the unique aspects of your case. We factor in both the immediate and long-term impacts of your injuries to ensure a secure future for you.
- Assertive negotiators: Our attorneys are skilled negotiators, unafraid to confront insurance companies or property owners who might attempt to undervalue your claim. If aggressive legal action is necessary, we won’t hesitate to represent your interests in a slip and fall lawsuit, ensuring you receive every penny you’re rightfully entitled to.
- You have our full support: We understand the distress and disruption a serious injury can impose on victims and their families. Our attorneys strive to guide you through the process of pursuing compensation for your slip and fall claim with the utmost dedication and a focus on compassionate care. We’re here to support you, alleviate your legal burdens, and work tirelessly towards securing the maximum benefit for you at all times.
How a Negligent Property Owner Can Cause a Slip and Fall Accident
Property owners have a duty to maintain safe conditions and warn visitors of any hazards that might be present on their premises. Failure to meet this obligation can lead to slip and fall accidents and subsequent legal liability for the resulting injuries and premises liability claim. Under Oklahoma Statute Title 76 – Torts §10.1, known as the “Premises Liability Act,” property owners are divided into categories: an “invitee” who enters the premises for the benefit of the owner, a “licensee” who is on the property for their own purposes, and a “trespasser.” The property owner owes different levels of care to each category. Property owners are obligated to warn an invitee of any hidden dangers. Meanwhile, in the case of licensees, they need only avoid causing harm willfully or through gross negligence. Certain exceptions may apply depending on the circumstances of the incident. For example, a child trespasser under the age of seven is assumed to be unable to appreciate the risk of potential hazards, while older children may be required to demonstrate more evidence that they were unaware of a risk on someone else’s property if injured while trespassing.
- Hazardous conditions: A property owner might be negligent if they allow unsafe conditions to persist on their premises. This can include things like wet or slippery floors, uneven surfaces, inadequate lighting, or tripping hazards like loose carpets or cables1.
- Lack of warning: If a property owner is aware of a hazard but fails to provide adequate warnings or barricades, this could also constitute negligence. A slip and fall accident resulting from such a situation could lead to a premises liability claim.
- Inadequate maintenance: Regular maintenance is a critical part of a property owner’s duty of care. Negligence can arise from failures to promptly repair damages, clear debris or snow, or perform other maintenance tasks that could prevent slip and fall accidents.
At Aizenman Law Group, our Tulsa Slip and Fall Attorneys have extensive experience in premises liability law. We are committed to helping you navigate your claim and fight for the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident due to a property owner’s negligence, we encourage you to reach out to us for a consultation.
Slip and Fall Injuries
Slip and fall accidents can result in a variety of injuries, ranging from mild to severe, and in the worst cases, fatal. Understanding these injuries can help underscore the importance of pursuing a slip and fall claim.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Slip and fall accidents are a leading cause of TBIs1. These injuries can have devastating effects, impacting cognitive function, motor skills, and emotional regulation. When severe, these injuries can often lead to long-term or permanent disability.
- Neck injuries: Falling can often lead to neck injuries, including whiplash or disc injuries. These conditions can cause chronic pain, limited mobility, and in severe cases, paralysis.
- Knee injuries: Slips and falls can result in a variety of knee injuries, such as sprains, dislocations, or even anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears. These injuries often require extensive treatment, and in some cases, surgery. These injuries can continue to cause pain and mobility issues for some sufferers long after the initial healing phase is over, which may lead to life changes and difficulty maintaining employment.
- Broken bones: Falling can lead to broken or fractured bones, particularly in the arms, wrists, or hips. Elderly individuals are particularly susceptible to these types of injuries during a fall. Consequently, the complications caused by broken bones and fractures in older adults can be more serious.
- Wrongful death: In the most tragic circumstances, a severe slip and fall accident can result in wrongful death. This term refers to a death that has occurred due to the negligence or wrongful actions of another party. If a slip and fall accident has led to the untimely passing of a family member or spouse, you may be able to take legal action with the help of a wrongful death attorney.
At Aizenman Law Group, our experienced Tulsa slip and fall attorneys understand the range of injuries that can occur in these accidents and the significant impacts they can have on your life. We’re committed to representing the damages you’ve suffered and fighting for your rights to receive the compensation you deserve. We seek to compassionately understand the impacts of each and every slip and fall case so that we can lift the stress of your financial future from you while you recover from your physical injuries.
What to do After a Slip and Fall Accident
After a slip and fall accident, it’s crucial that you collect as much information as you can to support your case. However, as with any personal injury, your first priority should always be your health and safety. After you receive the treatment you require to stabilize after a slip and fall accident, our lawyers will step in to assess the situation and get to work determining how we can be of aid to you. Your first steps following an accident should be to:
- Seek medical attention right away
- Take pictures of the cause of your slip and fall, or ask someone nearby to do it for you
- Ask for a copy of the accident report from the company or organization where you had a slip and fall
- Request in writing a copy of the video at the time of the accident
- Contact a slip and fall lawyer to learn about the next steps
Compensation in a Slip and Fall Injury Claim
Our lawyers have reliably helped many personal injury clients recover compensation for their slip and fall cases, among other types of accident injuries. We pride ourselves on our ability to advocate for the full extent of your losses, including economic and non-economic damages, and, in many cases, obtain far more than the initial settlement value offered by insurance companies. Some of the damages that our slip and fall lawyers might obtain for you include:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost income and lost wages
- Loss of enjoyment
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium or companionship in the event of wrongful death
While the compensation that we’re able to recover in your specific slip and fall accident claim depends on many factors, we can assure you that our lawyers will work hard to negotiate toward the highest amount possible and will not hesitate to take whatever legal measures are necessary to meet your needs and goals. We treat every personal injury claim as an opportunity to help injured victims seek fair treatment and the best possible outcome for their circumstances. Additionally, we handle these cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will not pay anything up-front or until such time that your experienced attorney is able to make a recovery on your behalf.
How Our Oklahoma Slip and Fall Attorneys Can Help
After contacting an attorney at Aizenman Law Group, we will help you assess if the slip and fall can be proven when filing a lawsuit. Some of things we will diligently investigate include:
- Whether dangerous or unexpected conditions caused the slip and fall
- If the property owner was negligent
- Whether proper building codes were followed
If you or a loved one has suffered a slip & fall, contact a Tulsa personal injury attorney at Aizenman Law Group. You don’t pay until we win, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us online or call us today for a free consultation.
Hear it from Our Satisfied Clients!
5 / 5 stars
Great experience. Helped me all the way through and answered every question I had. Great team and very successful ending. If you are needing help, these are the attorneys to use.