Tulsa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Helping Clients Get the Medical Coverage They Need
While motorcycles have been on roads throughout the country for years, they can still be hard to spot for drivers. Couple that with the lack of protection on motorcycles, and you have a potentially deadly issue. When motorcycle operators are involved in a collision, they are 25 times more likely to suffer devastating physical injury or death than car drivers.
If you or a loved one were involved in a motorcycle accident, it is crucial that you get the help you need to recover from your injuries. Let our Tulsa motorcycle accident lawyers help you obtain the full compensation to which you are entitled.
On This Page
- Why Choose Aizenman Law as Your Tulsa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accidents in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Filing a Claim for Damages
- Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Standing Strong against Insurance Companies
Why Choose Aizenman Law as Your Tulsa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
At Aizenman Law Group, our Tulsa motorcycle accident attorneys aim to offer a comprehensive legal service that goes beyond mere representation. Motorcyclists are frequently faced with unfair treatment at the hands of defendants and insurance companies. However, we realize that optics aren’t everything; our attorneys are here to give motorcycle accident victims the tools they need to triumph by relying on a solid foundation of the law to create compelling claims. We conduct thorough investigations to establish the liability of the party at fault, gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and litigate fiercely in court if required. Our attorneys understand that every case is unique, and we tailor our approach based on the specifics of your situation. Whether you are dealing with a hit-and-run driver, an uninsured motorist, or an accident caused by a product defect or poor road conditions, we are prepared to seek justice and help you recover the maximum compensation.
Motorcycle Accidents in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Tulsa and its surrounding plains, mountains, and national forests make breathtaking views for the motorcyclist. Whether you rely on your bike for your daily commute or prefer a weekend cruise along scenic byways, knowing what to do after an accident is a critical skill for motorcycle riders. An alarming 1,285 motorcycle accidents occurred in 2021 alone. Of these, an estimated 165 happened in the Tusla metro area. Statistically, a motorcycle crash is more likely to occur on the weekend, and injuries are more likely to be severe when the rider isn’t wearing a helmet. However, regardless of where, when, or how an accident occurs, you have the right to pursue compensation for your losses if another’s negligence was involved.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Tulsa, Oklahoma
As recognized personal injury lawyers in Tulsa, we see many kinds of accidents resulting in injured motorcyclists and know how complex these cases can be. At times, more than one at-fault party is held liable for an accident. However, the most likely causes of motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Failure to yield
- Failure to obey traffic laws
Proving Fault in a Motorcycle Accident
Proving negligence in a personal injury claim is not always straightforward; it’s just one of the reasons why you need a team of skilled Tulsa attorneys by your side. Your dedicated motorcycle accident lawyer will work tirelessly to evaluate all relevant aspects of your claim, including liability, insurance coverage, and negotiating toward a fair settlement. Our legal professionals are able to turn to accident reconstructionists and other outside sources in order to strengthen your claim.
Filing a Claim for Damages
In Oklahoma, an injured motorcycle rider must submit a claim within two years of the accident in order to be eligible for compensation. Doing so means you will be going up against an insurance company, most of which spend millions each year hiring lawyers to minimize the amounts they have to pay out in settlements. It is crucial that you gather all the necessary evidence to prove your side of the case.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Immediately following your accident, you should:
- Receive treatment for your injuries: Go to the doctor right away. This can be any doctor of your choosing. Your physician will not only help you receive the right treatments for your injuries, but they will also document all your injuries to ensure you are compensated for them later, should you need to prove them.
- Obtain witness statements and police reports: It is important to demonstrate fault, so obtaining statements from witnesses and police is crucial to building a strong case.
- Retain the services of a skilled lawyer: With a competent Tulsa personal injury attorney on your side, you can leave the tough legal legwork to a professional. Attorney Daniel Aizenman has been named to Rising Stars for two consecutive years, and he used to work on behalf of insurance companies. He can help you build a strong case for your needs.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents are often severe and can result in a range of debilitating injuries, largely because motorcycle riders lack the same level of protection that passengers in cars and trucks have1. The nature and severity of injuries can vary greatly depending on several factors, including the speed at the time of the accident, whether the rider was wearing a helmet or other protective gear, and the circumstances of the accident itself. Here are some of the most common types of injuries seen in motorcycle accidents:
- Head injuries: One of the most serious injuries in motorcycle accidents is head injuries, which can range from concussions to traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Helmets can reduce the risk of a fatal injury, but they do not eliminate it entirely, and it’s still likely that an injured motorcyclist will sustain head trauma even with protective headwear.
- Spinal cord injuries: Due to the forceful impact of most motorcycle accidents, riders can suffer spinal cord injuries that can lead to partial or complete paralysis, often having life-altering consequences and expensive treatments.
- Road rash: When a rider slides across the pavement during an accident, they may suffer ‘road rash’. This type of injury can range from minor scrapes and bruises to severe skin abrasions and infections. In the most severe cases, skin trauma can lead to blood loss and even the risk of death.
- Bone fractures: The most common fractures in motorcycle accidents involve the arms and legs, but chest and pelvic fractures can also occur. Additionally, dental trauma occurs frequently in these accidents, leading to the need for expensive surgeries, and tooth reconstruction.
- Biker’s arm: This common injury occurs when a motorcyclist instinctively uses their arm to break their fall during an accident, resulting in nerve damage along with potentially broken bones and other acute injuries to the arm.
- Psychological injuries: In addition to physical injuries, motorcycle accident victims often suffer psychological injuries such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression. These injuries can be just as debilitating as physical injuries and may require long-term treatment.
Recovering from a motorcycle accident can be a long, painful, and expensive process. In many cases, victims are left with permanent disabilities or disfigurements that change their lives forever. If you or a loved one has suffered from a motorcycle accident injury, it’s important to seek the help of an experienced Tulsa motorcycle accident lawyer to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you need and deserve.
Seeking Compensation After a Tulsa Motorcycle Accident Case
Oklahoma Law allows injured victims to seek damages to cover the costs of their medical expenses as well as other compensable losses after a collision involving someone else’s negligence. You may be entitled to various types of compensation after a motorcycle accident. Depending on the circumstances of the incident, these could include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and income
- Disability and disfigurement
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering damages
Our Tulsa motorcycle accident lawyers will stop at nothing to ensure that your claim is valued appropriately to the extent of your losses and fight aggressively to ensure that you’re fairly compensated for them. We will help guide you through every stage of your motorcycle accident claim.
Our Tulsa Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Will Fight for You
Once you call Aizenman Law Group, we will help you identify the strengths and weaknesses of your case. Rest assured, the insurance company to which you submit your claim will do everything possible to shift responsibility elsewhere. Because of Oklahoma’s comparative negligence laws, even proving you were partly at fault could harm your chances of reaching the outcome you need. Reach out to a Tulsa personal injury lawyer.Get the help of an aggressive lawyer who will stand strong against the insurance company on your behalf. Call Aizenman Law Group today for your free initial consultation.
Dial 631-769-8431 now to begin planning your case for recovery.
Hear it from Our Satisfied Clients!
5 / 5 stars
Great experience. Helped me all the way through and answered every question I had. Great team and very successful ending. If you are needing help, these are the attorneys to use.