Tulsa Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
When the unthinkable happens, and you or a loved one suffer a brain injury due to the negligence of another party, you need steadfast legal representation on your side. Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can lead to devastating physical, emotional, and financial repercussions; you need an experienced attorney to protect your rights and receive everything you deserve. Reach out to a Tulsa traumatic brain injury lawyer. At Aizenman Law Group, our Tulsa brain injury attorneys are adept at navigating the intricacies of brain injury settlements and litigation. We take a compassionate yet aggressive approach to ensure our clients receive the maximum possible compensation.
Why Choose Aizenman Law Group as Your Brain Injury Lawyer
- In-depth investigation: We diligently investigate your accident, gather the necessary evidence, and consult medical experts to build a robust case. Our team is committed to understanding your situation, factoring in the long-term effects of the injury to secure your future.
- Fierce negotiation: Our lawyers are not afraid to stand up to insurance companies who try to devalue your claim. If we must take more aggressive legal action, we will not hesitate to represent you in a brain injury lawsuit to get you every penny you deserve.
- Compassionate support: We recognize the upheaval and strain that a severe injury can cause on an injured victim and their loved ones. Our attorneys can guide you through the process of pursuing compensation for your injury claim with the dedication and attention to care needed to always ensure your maximum benefit.
The Realities of Brain Injuries
A brain injury is no ordinary injury. These injuries can result in severe trauma, life-altering cognitive impairments, emotional difficulties, and debilitating physical limitations. They can require ongoing medical care and lifetime support. According to estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), traumatic brain injuries accounted for over 2.5 million emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and deaths in just one year. Approximately 190 TBI-related fatalities occur every day. In the United States, the costs associated with medical care and lost productivity can overwhelm the injured, their families, and the healthcare system.
Causes of TBI
Falls, vehicle-related collisions, violence, and sports injuries most commonly cause TBIs. Often, they result from another party’s negligence. Whether it’s a property owner failing to maintain safe premises leading to a slip-and-fall accident or a reckless driver causing a car accident, a disregard for others’ safety can lead to devastating injuries. When this happens, you need a lawyer who can present you with clear legal options. Oklahoma law entitles you to seek damages from the party or parties that caused your injury. Our experienced Tulsa traumatic brain injury lawyers can identify how and why your injuries occurred, collect as much evidence as possible supporting and documenting your claim, hold the responsible parties accountable, and recover their full financial value.
Recognizing the Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injuries vary by type and severity, including open and penetrating head injuries and closed head injuries, such as contusions and concussions. Traumatic brain injuries often present physical, cognitive, and emotional symptoms. An injury victim may suffer all three in varying combinations and for various amounts of time, ranging from weeks to months or years. Physical symptoms may range from persistent headaches, fatigue, and dizziness to sensory problems like blurred vision or ringing in the ears. Cognitive and emotional symptoms can include memory problems, mood swings, and difficulties with concentration. Severe TBI may lead to an extended loss of consciousness or amnesia. Because of these complex, varied symptoms, you need a medical evaluation following any incident involving potential head trauma, even if you believe it is mild. Acquiring prompt medical treatment and following your healthcare provider’s instructions will prove invaluable while preparing your legal claim and documenting the effects it has had on your life.
Can I Get Compensation for Post-Concussive Syndrome?
Post-concussive syndrome (PCS) is a complex disorder that refers to a range of symptoms that may continue for weeks, months, or years or more after the initial brain injury. While PCS may cause milder symptoms than those initially experienced after a head wound or TBI, they can make it difficult for sufferers to return to work and their normal routine. Common symptoms of PCS include:
- Headaches: Often similar to migraines, these can occur frequently after a concussion.
- Dizziness: This symptom may persist for some time after the initial injury.
- Fatigue: Many individuals with PCS experience a consistent feeling of exhaustion.
- Irritability and aggression: Emotional changes, including irritability, are common.
- Anxiety and depression: Mental health symptoms such as anxiety and depression can occur, sometimes exacerbated by the stress of dealing with persistent symptoms.
- Insomnia: Difficulties with sleep, including trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, are common.
- Cognitive issues: Post-concussion syndrome sufferers often report problems with memory, concentration, and decreased processing speed.
If you or a loved one is dealing with the persistent effects of a concussion due to someone else’s negligence, you may recover compensation. At Aizenman Law Group, our Tulsa brain injury attorneys are experienced in handling cases involving PCS and will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the justice you deserve. We know how and where to seek evidence that will support your claim and will not allow the insurance company or any other party to diminish your right to full and fair compensation.
Your Right to Compensation
Following a brain injury, you may seek compensation for all related damages. This includes medical expenses, lost income, future earnings, pain and suffering, and any additional costs incurred because of the injury. Our Tulsa brain injury attorneys have a proven track record of achieving substantial settlements and verdicts for our clients. We understand the intricacies of brain injury law and have the resources and expertise to go toe-to-toe with insurance companies and other responsible parties. TBI victims may recover compensation for:
- Medical bills and expenses: This includes all costs for medical care related to the injury, such as hospital bills, medication, physical therapy, and future medical treatments.
- Lost income: If the injury caused you to miss work, you may recover compensation for the income you lost. Additionally, if you cannot return to your former employment or can no longer perform the labor job you once did, you may claim loss of future earning potential.
- Loss of earning capacity: If the injury affects your ability to work in the future, you can seek compensation for the loss of future earnings.
- Property damage: If your brain injury occurred due to an event, such as a car accident, that damaged your property, you may obtain compensation for these losses.
- Pain and suffering: This encompasses compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress caused by the injury.
- Loss of consortium: You may recover compensation if the injury hurts your relationship with your spouse.
- Punitive damages: In cases of egregious negligence, punitive damages may punish the responsible party and deter others from similar conduct.
Depending on the severity of your injury and its prognosis, you may require long-term treatment and even ongoing assistance after sustaining head trauma. In such cases, you may require additional resources so you and your loved ones recover full compensation so you can keep getting the care you need for as long as you need it. Our compassionate attorneys are here to help you, advocating for you and making the financial assessments that will aid your recovery, now and in the future. Whether a car accident, a slip and fall, or any other incident caused your brain injury, our team can fight tirelessly to ensure you receive the justice you deserve. Our law firm is well-equipped to help you navigate the legal process with minimal stress, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Wrongful Death and Traumatic Brain Injuries
In the most tragic cases, traumatic brain injuries can lead to the premature death of a loved one. When this occurs due to the negligence or misconduct of another party, the law considers it a wrongful death. This is a particularly grievous form of personal injury claim, and it takes an immense emotional toll on the surviving family members. Only the representatives of the deceased person’s estate can file a wrongful death action—typically close family members such as a spouse, children, or parents. A wrongful death claim provides financial support to the surviving family members for losses associated with the death of their loved one. These losses can include, but are not limited to:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income and benefits the deceased would have earned
- Medical costs incurred before death
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Pain and suffering endured by the deceased prior to death
At Aizenman Law Group, our compassionate wrongful death attorneys understand the profound sense of loss that comes with losing a loved one. We treat these cases with the utmost sensitivity and dedication, working to alleviate some of the financial burdens so that you can focus on honoring your loved one’s memory. Our experienced attorneys will guide you through your wrongful death claim, providing you with the support and legal expertise you need during this challenging time. We are committed to pursuing justice for your loved one and ensuring you receive the full compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Tulsa Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, don’t hesitate to reach out to Aizenman Law Group. Let our experienced Tulsa brain injury attorneys shoulder the legal burden so you can concentrate on healing and recovery. Reach out to a personal injury lawyer. To arrange a free consultation with no obligation, please contact us online or call us at 631-769-8431. Remember, in personal injury cases, we work on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case. Don’t wait; reach out to us today and let us help you pursue a positive resolution to your claim.
Hear it from Our Satisfied Clients!
5 / 5 stars
Great experience. Helped me all the way through and answered every question I had. Great team and very successful ending. If you are needing help, these are the attorneys to use.
Law Firm- Tulsa Office
5800 E. Skelly Drive,
Suite 575 Tulsa, OK 74135