Tulsa Bad Faith Insurance Attorney
Dealing with insurance companies can exhaust you, especially when they unjustly deny a valid claim. You can feel disheartened and frightened to face a wrongful claim denial when you most need protection and financial security.
When this happens, you need an experienced Tulsa bad faith insurance attorney to protect your rights. At Aizenman Law Group, our team has extensive experience in handling bad faith insurance cases, and we can navigate the complexities of the claims process while protecting your rights and handling your claim with the care and attention it deserves.
Aizenman Law Group Defends Your Rights Against Wrongful Claim Denials
Aizenman Law Group has built a strong reputation as one of Tulsa’s most trusted law firms for bad faith insurance claims. Our attorneys have extensive experience and understanding of the tactics that insurance companies use to deny claims, and we routinely put our skills to the test on behalf of our clients, vigorously defending their interests.
When you choose to work with us, you will receive top-notch care and the benefit of working with a law firm that puts your needs first.
- No win, no fee: We will never collect payment upfront from our personal injury clients. Unless our legal team obtains a recovery for you in the form of a settlement or verdict, you’ll never owe us anything.
- Always available to help: You can reach our firm 24/7/365 for your convenience. Aizenman Law Group offers flexible scheduling. We will always treat your case as a top priority, and we will go the extra mile to help you when you need it.
- Former defense attorneys: Much of our team’s years of experience as former defense attorneys gives us invaluable insight into insurance companies and the tactics they use to shield themselves from accountability.
Whether an insurer has delayed, underpaid, or outright denied your claim, our team will work tirelessly to recover the compensation you deserve. We are committed to guiding you through this complex process, providing you with support and expert legal advice every step of the way.
Understanding Insurance Bad Faith and Wrongful Claim Denial
Insurance companies must act in good faith, meaning they must handle and pay out claims in a fair and timely manner. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case, and insurance providers typically refuse to tell you their duties and responsibilities in these situations.
Insurance providers can act in bad faith, engaging in unfair practices such as wrongfully denying claims, delaying payments, or failing to conduct proper investigations.
As experienced Tulsa personal injury attorneys, we are all too familiar with these practices and the disastrous consequences they can have on policyholders and injured victims.
Oklahoma Law and Wrongful Denial of Insurance Claims
In Oklahoma, the law recognizes that insurance companies have a duty of good faith and fair dealing with their policyholders. If an insurer fails to fulfill this obligation and engages in bad faith practices, the policyholder or injured party may file a lawsuit to seek compensation for their damages.
Under Oklahoma law, if an insurer acts in bad faith, the policyholder or injured party may recover compensation that includes not only the original benefits due under the policy but also any consequential damages — extra-contractual damages. These damages can include financial losses caused by the insurer’s wrongful denial or delay and emotional distress.
In certain cases involving an insurer’s particularly egregious conduct, the court may award punitive damages to punish the insurer and deter such conduct.
Deadlines for Pursuing a Wrongful Denial of Insurance Claim
Your insurance company may pressure you to make decisions on the spot or into thinking that you have a much smaller deadline to take action than you do.
In reality, Oklahoma has a statute of limitations for filing a bad faith insurance claim. Typically, the law gives you two years from the wrongful act to file suit. However, this can vary depending on the case, so consult our knowledgeable bad faith insurance lawyers so you don’t miss this deadline.
Our lawyers understand how the specifics of your case will affect your claim’s viability and will never pressure you to make a decision without explaining all the necessary facts.
At Aizenman Law Group, our bad faith insurance attorneys are well-versed in Oklahoma insurance law. We work diligently to explain our clients’ rights, navigate the legal process, and pursue the compensation they deserve. If you believe you have a bad faith insurance claim, we invite you to reach out to a bad faith insurance lawyer in Tulsa for your free consultation.
What Constitutes a Wrongful Denial of Insurance Claims?
At the end of the day, insurance companies are businesses with an interest in maintaining their financial assets. While they must act in good faith and fulfill the promises made in their policies, their bottom-line interests can sometimes lead to tactics that serve to deny, delay, or diminish the value of legitimate claims.
An insurance company can wrongfully deny a claim in many scenarios:
- Denying a claim without a valid reason: The insurance company may claim that you failed to complete certain steps, failed to present all necessary information, or missed deadlines that it never fully disclosed to you. Here, the insurer denies your claim outright without a valid reason, often hoping that you will not question the decision or seek legal representation.
- Failure to promptly investigate a claim: The insurance company must deliver notice of denials within a certain deadline, expediently investigate claims, and attempt to resolve claims in a timely manner.
- Incorrectly interpreting policy language to deny a claim: Your provider may either obfuscate or misrepresent the details of your policy or coverage benefits to offer you a lower settlement or outright deny your claim. Sometimes, an insurer may misinterpret the language in your policy in a way that benefits them, even if that misinterpretation violates legal standards or industry norms.
- Devaluation of claims: Insurance adjusters tasked with assessing the value of a claim and its damages; however, these companies and their representatives often actively look for ways to diminish a claim’s value, including using your own evidence and statements against you.
- Lowballing: In this case, the insurance company offers you a low settlement, trying to get you to accept significantly less than you deserve.
- Failure to communicate: An insurer may simply neglect to respond to your inquiries or give you the information you need about your claim. This lack of communication can create uncertainty and stress, making navigating the claims process more challenging.
We work diligently to ensure that insurance companies fulfill their obligations and treat our clients fairly. If you believe your claim was wrongfully denied, our Tulsa bad faith insurance attorneys will fight to uphold your rights, using strategies tailored to your unique situation and circumstances.
Types of Wrongfully Denied Insurance Claims
Bad faith insurance practices can occur across various types of insurance.
Whether it’s auto, homeowners, health, or life insurance, you need a lawyer who understands how bad faith can manifest in each of these areas.
- Auto insurance: Bad faith practices in auto insurance after a car accident may involve an insurer denying a legitimate claim for vehicle damage or bodily injury, delaying claim processing, or offering less than the actual repair costs or medical expenses.
- Homeowners insurance: In homeowners insurance, bad faith can occur when an insurer denies a valid claim for property damage, often due to natural disasters, fires, or theft. An insurer might also undervalue the cost of repairs or replacement, leaving the homeowner to cover the shortfall.
- Health insurance: With health insurance, an insurer may wrongfully deny a claim for necessary medical procedures or treatments, often citing them as experimental or not medically necessary. Delays in claim processing can also damage the policyholder’s health.
- Life insurance: In life insurance, bad faith can involve an insurer denying a claim following the policyholder’s death, often on the grounds of misrepresentation or suicide clauses, even when these do not apply. Delays in payout can place undue financial stress on the deceased’s beneficiaries.
Our attorneys have vast experience dealing with a wide range of bad faith claims and understand the unique challenges that each one can present. We recognize that no matter what type of claim denial or bad faith action you face, you have much at stake in these matters and acting swiftly and diligently could make a profound difference in your and your loved ones’ future. For these reasons, we’re prepared to step in and take charge of the situation as your fierce legal advocates.
The Impact of Bad Faith Insurance on Policyholders
An unfairly denied or delayed insurance claim can leave significant financial and emotional impacts on policyholders that extend well past the original event or incident.
Understanding these impacts can underscore the importance of pursuing a bad faith insurance claim with the help of our personal injury lawyers.
- Financial impact: The immediate consequence of a wrongfully denied or delayed claim is often sheer financial strain. When an insurer fails to fulfill their obligation, policyholders must shoulder the burden of costs that their insurance policy should have covered. These can include medical expenses, property damage repair costs, or lost income. Severe cases may force policyholders into debt or bankruptcy. Or, they may feel that they cannot get the medical care they need, fearing that a claim denial will prevent them from obtaining follow-up surgeries, medications, or home modifications needed to continue in recovery.
- Emotional and psychological stress: In addition to financial distress, bad faith insurance practices can lead to significant emotional and psychological stress. Dealing with an accident or injury is already difficult, and an insurance dispute can add to this burden. Policyholders may experience anxiety, depression, or stress-related health issues because of their dealings with the insurance company. Our attorneys fully account for these non-economic losses in your claim.
- Erosion of trust: Bad faith practices can also lead to an erosion of trust in insurance providers, creating a sense of insecurity and uncertainty about future coverage. Our attorneys can explain your current coverage and how your claim may affect your insurance benefits. We prioritize arming you with the knowledge you need to make the best decisions for you and your family.
At Aizenman Law Group, we understand the financial and emotional turmoil that can come with a bad faith insurance claim. Our experienced Tulsa bad faith insurance attorneys are committed to alleviating these burdens, helping you navigate the complexities of your case, and fighting for the compensation you deserve. If you believe your insurer has acted in bad faith, we encourage you to reach out to us for a consultation.
Our Approach to Wrongful Denial Insurance Cases
At Aizenman Law Group, we understand the stress caused by an insurance company that fails to fulfill its obligations. We thoroughly review each case, investigating the details of the claim denial and gathering the necessary evidence to support your case.
We are well-versed in the intricacies of insurance law and have the skills and resources to go head-to-head with large insurance companies. Our team works diligently so the system treats our clients fairly and pays the compensation they deserve.
Contact a Tulsa Bad Faith Insurance Attorney Today
If you believe your insurance claim was wrongfully denied, don’t hesitate to reach out to Aizenman Law Group. Our experienced bad faith insurance attorneys in Tulsa, Oklahoma, are ready to challenge the insurance company’s decision and fight for the compensation you deserve. Reach out to a Tulsa personal injury lawyer.
When you work with an Aizenman Law Group attorney, you pay no fees unless we obtain compensation for your case. Let our law firm serve as your trusted partner in challenging wrongful insurance claim denials and securing the justice you deserve.