Tulsa Life Insurance Claim Lawyers
Give Yourself Peace of Mind with Our Representation
After you lose a loved one, you should be able to focus on grieving, recovery, and supporting other family members affected by their passing. You should not have to deal with a life insurance company that wants to make your life more difficult by mishandling your claim.
To put your life insurance claim in good hands and free up your own, come to Aizenman Law Group in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our team of former insurance defense attorneys would be honored to help you through this difficult time by assisting with the filing and management of the life insurance claim of a loved one, including representation during an insurance dispute. If the claim is denied for any reason, you can count on us to be there to look into the matter and challenge it.
What Happens When Filing a Life Insurance Claim?
You should ideally file a life insurance claim after an insured loved one passes away as soon as possible. Taking too long to get to work on the claim could look suspicious to an insurer, possibly complicating the claim later on. In your filing, you will want to include as much relevant information as you can about your loved one and their passing, such as copies of the death certificate, final medical records, police reports, etc. Once it is filed, your insurance provider will likely have just 30 days to provide its response.
There are three possibilities when your insurance company responds to the life insurance claim:
- Paid: Getting the claim paid is usually great news. Do not rush ahead and sign more paperwork without first letting your insurance claim attorney review the paid claim. It could be possible your insurer is trying to pay you a reduced amount than what you are fairly owed.
- Delayed: When an insurer wants more information about a claim, they will delay it until further action can be taken. Oftentimes, a delay occurs because the policyholder forgot to include necessary papers with the initial filings. However, some insurers will simply delay a claim for months or years without a clear reason, other than to avoid making a payout. If your claim is delayed, you should not hesitate to call us at (918) 215-8856.
- Denied: A denied life insurance claim means the insurance provider does not intend to pay anything to the claimants or beneficiaries. There are many reasons why a life insurance claim could be denied, including missing premiums, beneficiary changes, policy exclusions, and so forth. After a claim is denied, the first thing you should do is head to an insurance policy attorney’s office to figure out what happened and how to fix it. There could be insurance bad faith at hand, so it is definitely not a situation you want to enter alone.
Supporting You During a Life Insurance Denial
Our attorneys know that you have plenty on your mind already with the passing of a loved one. We take it upon ourselves to do all we can for our clients when handling a life insurance claim dispute. With us on the case, you can focus on yourself and your family, not legal processes.
If a life insurance claim is denied or wrongfully delayed, we will want to:
- Thoroughly review the life insurance policy for any exclusions, loopholes, gray areas, etc.
- Create an appeal letter to challenge the denial if we determine it was denied due to an error or insurance bad faith.
- Prepare your case and arguments for litigation in case the insurance company responds unfavorably.
Many insurance companies will not back down from a life insurance claim denial. It might be due to the fact that a life insurance claim payout could range well into the tens of thousands of dollars, if not more. With this in mind, we expect litigation and get your case ready for it. We are not a team that surrenders when there is so much on the line for our clients.
Contact our Tulsa life insurance claim attorneys today to get started on the right foot.