Oftentimes, car accidents seem like those events that we hear about on the news but could never happen to us—until one does. Even the most defensive drivers who take all the precautions possible can still become injured due to the reckless, careless, or negligent actions of others.
At Aizenman Law Group, we believe that education is key to prevention. As such, we gathered the most recent crash data from the State of Oklahoma Highway Safety Office. Here are some of the car accident statistics for the state in 2018:
- There were 32,536 reported statewide injuries.
- Three of the most common causes of car accidents included:
- Distracted Driving. Persons 20-24 years old were more likely to crash while distracted.
- Drunk Driving. 24% of fatal crashes were caused by alcohol-impaired drivers.
- Speeding. 20% of fatal crashes were the result of unsafe speeding.
- About 50% of vehicular fatalities involve those not wearing seat belts at the time of the crash.
If you or a loved one is injured in a car accident, Aizenman Law Group is standing by ready to review your case for free and fight hard for your physical, emotional, and financial recovery.
Contact Aizenman Law Group at 631-769-8431 to get started on your case today!