Tulsa Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Some people’s lives are never the same after an unexpected injury. When an accident leads to catastrophic injuries, it can have devastating effects on your physical, mental, and financial future. This is true for many victims of spinal cord injuries.
Your spinal cord is an essential part of your body for movement, sensation, vital organs, and general functioning. Damage to your spinal cord can cause permanent paralysis, altering every aspect of your life.
If someone else caused your spinal cord injury, you deserve full compensation for your past and future losses. However, because this is such a costly injury, spinal injury claims present extraordinary challenges.
Aizenman Law Group is here to handle the legal process for spinal injury victims in Tulsa. Our Tulsa spinal cord injury lawyers regularly handle high-value claims for catastrophic injuries and recover the compensation our clients deserve.
Never wait to set up your free case evaluation with our experienced Tulsa spinal cord injury attorneys. Doing so can improve your situation in many ways.
On This Page
- You Can Trust Aizenman Law Group With Your Claim
- Common Causes of Spinal Injuries
- Devastating Effects of Spinal Cord Injuries on Your Life
- How Our Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys Seek Compensation for Your Losses
- Consult With Our Tulsa Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys Immediately
You Can Trust Aizenman Law Group With Your Claim
You have many options when choosing an injury law firm, and Aizenman Law Group hopes you will discuss your accident and injury with our team. In doing so, you can see our dedication to our injured clients and how we fight for the underdog against major insurance companies with deep pockets.
Our results speak for themselves, as we have recovered many six- and seven-figure settlements and verdicts for our clients facing severe injuries and losses. We are not hesitant to initiate litigation when an insurance company wrongfully denies your claim or refuses to offer fair compensation.
With such a costly condition as a spinal injury, you need to receive maximum compensation. You need the right legal team fighting for you – and you can find the tenacity and skill you need at Aizenman Law Group.
Common Causes of Spinal Injuries
Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) are among the most devastating and life-altering injuries anyone can experience. Many spinal cord injuries happen in an instant yet have lifelong effects. These injuries can occur in preventable accidents due to someone else’s negligence, leading to personal injury cases.
Here are some common causes of spinal cord injuries that can lead to legal cases our spinal cord injury lawyers can handle for you.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents, including car, motorcycle, and truck collisions, are a leading cause of spinal cord injuries. The force of impact and sudden jolts can cause fractures or dislocations of the vertebrae, leading to damage to the spinal cord. Even with seat belts and airbags, severe accidents can result in devastating spinal injuries.
Falls are a significant cause of spinal cord injuries, especially among older adults. Slip and fall accidents can occur on slippery floors, uneven surfaces, stairs, or from heights. The impact of a fall can fracture or compress the spinal cord, leading to permanent damage.
In some cases, spinal cord injuries can occur due to medical malpractice. Surgical errors, anesthesia mistakes, or improper medical procedures can damage the spinal cord. If we can prove negligence by a medical professional, the victim may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit.
Defective products, such as faulty safety equipment, malfunctioning vehicles, or poorly designed tools, can contribute to accidents resulting in spinal cord injuries. Manufacturers, distributors, or sellers of these products can be liable for injuries caused by defective goods.
Diving into shallow water or unknown waters can lead to catastrophic spinal injuries if the diver hits the bottom with force. Inadequate signage or lack of warnings about water depth can contribute to these accidents.
Bicycle or Pedestrian Accidents
Collisions involving bicycles or pedestrians and motor vehicles can result in spinal cord injuries. Bicyclists and people walking are particularly vulnerable due to the lack of protective barriers, and the impact of a collision can lead to serious trauma.
In any personal injury case involving spinal cord injuries, you must establish negligence or fault on the part of another party.
This involves demonstrating that:
- The responsible party had a duty of care
- Breached that duty through negligence or deliberate actions
- The breach directly led to the spinal cord injury.
Compensation should cover medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, ongoing care, lost income, pain and suffering, and potential modifications to living spaces to accommodate the injured person’s needs. You need compensation for future losses, as many spinal injuries are permanent with lasting expenses and effects.
Each spinal injury case requires a unique roadmap. However, the best way to increase your chances of full compensation is to engage the experienced Tulsa spinal injury attorneys from Aizenman Law Group.
Devastating Effects of Spinal Cord Injuries on Your Life
One of the most challenging aspects of spinal injury cases is determining the value of your damages. The consequences of this injury extend far beyond physical limitations, often affecting your emotional well-being, relationships, and financial stability.
Our attorneys consider all current and future losses, both tangible and intangible, when we seek compensation for your injury.
Below are some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury on an individual’s life:
- Medical expenses – The costs of treating a spinal cord injury can be staggering. From initial hospitalization and surgeries to ongoing medical care, medication, rehabilitation, and assistive devices, the financial burden can quickly accumulate. You may need wheelchairs, braces, home modifications, and specialized vehicles to accommodate your new needs.
- Lost ability to work – Many spinal cord injury survivors experience a loss of the ability to work, either temporarily or permanently. The physical limitations resulting from the injury may prevent them from returning to their previous occupation or pursuing new employment opportunities. This loss of income can place significant strain on the victim and their family’s finances.
- Emotional and psychological impact – The emotional toll of a spinal cord injury can be overwhelming. Individuals often experience grief, depression, anxiety, and feelings of isolation. Coping with the sudden change in physical abilities and the challenges of adapting to a new way of life can lead to emotional distress that requires ongoing support and counseling.
- Loss of independence – A spinal cord injury can significantly diminish an individual’s independence. Daily tasks that were once routine may now require assistance, and the need for constant care and supervision and the loss of autonomy can lead to frustration, anger, and a sense of helplessness.
- Loss of enjoyment of life – Engaging in hobbies, social activities, and recreational pursuits that a victim once enjoyed may grow impossible. Losing these activities can lead to a decreased quality of life and a sense of isolation from friends and family.
- Pain and suffering – Physical pain is a common consequence of spinal cord injuries. Chronic pain can result from nerve damage, muscle spasms, and other complications. The constant presence of pain can lead to emotional distress and a reduced ability to engage in daily activities.
- Diminished quality of life – Overall, the collective effects of a spinal cord injury can result in a significantly diminished quality of life. The individual may face ongoing physical challenges, emotional distress, financial hardship, and limitations on their ability to engage in activities they once enjoyed.
- Long-term care – Many spinal cord injury survivors require long-term care and assistance with daily activities. This often places a burden on family members or requires the hiring of caregivers, adding to the financial and emotional challenges faced by the individual and their loved ones.
- Rehabilitation and adaptation – Adapting to new ways of moving, communicating, and navigating the world can offset some effects from a spinal cord injury. This can require intense, painful physical therapy.
The combination of medical expenses, lost income, and the need for specialized care and equipment can lead to financial instability. Families may struggle to cover the costs associated with the injury, so you need full compensation for all economic losses.
However, your economic losses are only the beginning. The losses you experience from a spinal injury are much more extensive than your financial expenses. We consider your physical and mental pain and suffering, the effects of your permanent disability on your life, and other non-economic losses now and into the future.
You need an attorney who will never underestimate your injuries and losses. The insurance company will rarely admit how costly your spinal injury is, but we are ready to fight for the settlement you deserve for future stability. Let the Aizenman Law Group get started on your case today.
How Our Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys Seek Compensation for Your Losses
Our dedicated team of attorneys is committed to helping spinal injury victims seek the compensation they deserve, recognizing the profound impact these injuries can have on all aspects of life. We employ a comprehensive approach involving insurance claims, lawsuits, and addressing the wide range of losses our clients suffer.
We initiate the process by thoroughly investigating the circumstances of the spinal injury and collecting evidence to establish liability and your damages. This evidence allows us to build a strong case for an insurance claim. Auto, property, or business liability insurance might cover your injuries, depending on the type of accident that caused your injuries.
We negotiate assertively with insurance companies to secure a fair settlement that covers your full losses. We do not back down and never advise clients to accept less than they deserve. If insurers continue to make inadequate offers, we can take them to court.
Filing a Lawsuit
We’re ready to take your case to court through a personal injury lawsuit if necessary. This involves filing a legal complaint against the responsible party, whether it’s a property owner, business, or individual. Their insurance company will handle the defense of the claim in most cases and should pay any judgment you receive.
We leverage our litigation experience and the evidence we’ve gathered to present a compelling case that demonstrates negligence or fault on the part of the defendant, resulting in your spinal injury.
Our attorneys are not only skilled litigators but compassionate advocates who understand your challenges. We’re committed to securing a favorable outcome that alleviates your financial burdens, provides a measure of justice, and helps you rebuild your life after a spinal injury.
Through strategic negotiation, meticulous evidence collection, and strong courtroom representation, we fight for the compensation you deserve, allowing you to focus on your recovery and moving forward. Your task is to reach out to our office for an initial consultation today.
What About the Cost?
Spinal cord injury claims often involve massive compensation, making the right legal representation crucial. However, how can you afford to hire a lawyer when you already have so many financial losses?
We handle our injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Contingency fees make our payment contingent on the case’s outcome. If the case succeeds and you receive compensation, our fees are a percentage of that amount. If the case does not succeed, we don’t charge legal fees for our time and efforts.
This arrangement allows injury victims with limited financial resources to access our legal representation without upfront costs. It also aligns our interests with yours, as we succeed when you do. Cost should not be a consideration when hiring our firm for your spinal injury claim.
Consult With Our Tulsa Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys Immediately
There are many injury law firms in Tulsa, but you want the right firm to handle your highly important legal case. Our firm has received many recognitions for our legal service, and our commitment to our clients is evident in past reviews and testimonials.
Learn for yourself why Aizenman Law Group is the right choice. Contact our personal injury lawyer today at (918) 426-4878 for your free case evaluation so we can begin protecting your rights. Time is of the essence, so never wait to learn about our firm.
Aizenman Law Firm- Tulsa Office
5800 E. Skelly Drive, Suite 575
Tulsa, OK 74135
Phone Number: 819-426-4878